PROOF MARKS- Comparing the proof marks on your gun to this chart may help you determine where and when your gun was made, including guns where no other markings are evident. Applies primarily to guns made outside the U.S.
Information courtesy of The Blue Book of Gun Values by S.P. Fjestad.
From The Blue Book of Gun Values
Articles by Jim Supica
- A Brief History of Firearms
- What's my gun worth?
- Evaluating Firearms Condition
- Hard to identify or value firearms
- Pieces of History: A system for evaluating historically attributed firearms
- How to be a Gun Collector
- Collectors Federal Firearms License
- How to ship guns and ammo
- Gun Auction Buying Tips