The Museum: FAQs
Q: What are the museum hours?
The National Firearms Museum located at NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Museum is only closed on Christmas Day.
The National Sporting Arms Museum located at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, Missouri is open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Museum is only closed on Christmas Day.
Q: Can I get a guided tour when I visit the
The National Firearms Museum is self-guided with pamphlets available and kiosks throughout the galleries offering additional information. For group tours please contact (703) 267-1620.
The National Sporting Arms Museum is self-guided with pamphlets available and docents throughout the galleries offering additional information.
Q: Can I email the NRA
Yes, The NRA Museum can provide answers to general museum questions. However, please note the Museum cannot provide the following services:
- Appraisal of firearms, accoutrements or ammunition (especially by phone/fax/email)
- Recommendations on specific dealers or collectors for the purchase/sale/trade of material
- Requests for reports on firearms testing & evaluation, as conducted by NRA
- Requests for research about competitive shooters, trophies or medals
- Requests for back copies of NRA magazines
- Expert firearm/forensic witness in any legal proceeding
Q: What's my gun worth?
The NRA does not provide firearm values. However, if you have technical questions about your gun, a Dope Bag service is available to NRA members. Send your written questions to the NRA Dope Bag at: The American Rifleman, 11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030. Be sure to include your member number in the top right-hand corner and a self-addressed stamped envelope. The appropriate research will be conducted and your questions will be answered in writing.