- The Galleries
- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
- Steampunk Guns
- Treasure Collection
- The Galleries
- For Collectors
- Gun Info & Research
- A Brief History of Firearms
- What's my gun worth?
- Evaluating Firearms Condition
- Arms Conservation Information
- Serialization/ Date of Manufacture from The Blue Book
- Store Brand Crossover List from The Blue Book
- Proof Marks from The Blue Book
- Glossary from The Blue Book
- Gun Collector Organizations from The Blue Book
- Hard to identify or value firearms
- Pieces of History
- How to be a Gun Collector
- Collectors Federal Firearms License
- How to ship guns and ammo
- Gun Auction Buying Tips
- Articles by Doug Wicklund
- Articles by Phil Schreier
- NRA Gun Gurus
As the nation's premier organization for firearms enthusiasts and home to the world-class National Firearms Museum, the NRA serves as an invaluable resource for gun collectors worldwide.
Enroll as an NRA-affiliated organization.Enroll
Learn about related programs, seminars, award shows and more.
The NRA National Gun Show
The NRA Gun Collectors Committee authorized the creation of this program recognizing excellence of exhibits at the National Gun Collectors Show & Conference. More than $12,000 in cash awards are offered to winning display exhibitors, and top honors are recognized by the E. Andrew Mowbray Educational Trophy for Exhibit Excellence.
The NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits
A designated amount of floor space is made available at no charge to affiliated gun collector organizations interested in exhibiting collections of firearms. The 2010 Annual Meetings will be held May 14-16 in Charlotte, North Carolina — click here for a booth application or call 1-703-267-3782 for more information.
National Gun Collectors Committee Awards Program
Since 1960, the Gun Collectors Committee has presented awards to encourage the development and public display of exhibits from affiliated gun collector organizations. These awards encourage the development and public display of exhibits from affiliated gun collector organizations — they are the highest honors to be earned for exhibits of firearm collections.
National Gun Collectors Leadership Seminar
This seminar was designed to provide elected leadership of affiliate organizations with an annual forum to share ideas and information of interest to clubs nationwide. Typical seminar topics have included Q&A sessions with BATFE officials, membership recruitment strategies, conservation and care of firearms workshops, information exchanges on safety and insurance coverage concerns.
Man at Arms Magazine
As "the NRA Journal for the American Arms Collector," Man at Arms provides fascinating articles and photographs from the various fields of arms collecting. Published bimonthly, every issue has a column dedicated to gun collecting news that disseminates up-to-date information in the field of gun collecting to our affiliates. Regular subscription rates are $32; call 401-597-5055 or 800-999-4697 to subscribe.
National Firearms Museum’s Traveling Exhibit Program
"On The Road" was instituted in 1990 as a way of saying thanks to affiliates who graciously donate financial support to the museum's programs. As many as 18 affiliate visits have been made annually in the past few years. Affiliates currently helping to fund the museum's programs may apply for the traveling exhibit to visit your gun show by calling the Gun Collector Programs Department at 703-267-1601.
NRA Gun Show Manual
A little-known but extremely valuable resource is the NRA Gun Show Manual. A guide to safe and efficient gun show operation, this manual is designed to recognize affiliated and commercial gun show promoters. The manual is just $30; call 703-267-1620 to order.